Explore the hidden marvels of Central Indian wildlife in the lap of luxury
In my recent visit to India I had this wonderful opportunity to experience some of the best safari lodges in Central India. Having experienced these, they are definitely to be shared with anyone and everyone who loves to stay in comfort and style in Central India while viewing some of the best wildlife sightings in Asia if not in the world.
I have written about 5 different safari lodges and hotels including luxury Tented camps that I found to be some of the best. Do note that it is not in any order of preference or grading and yes there are few other great properties that I have not spoken of in this blog.
Bhagvan by Taj- Pench National Park
Bhagvan by Taj was the first to catch my eye
What to expect at Bhagvan https://www.tajhotels.com/en-in/taj/baghvan-pench-national-park/
- This is a luxury upmarket lodge that is 100km ( 2hour drive) from the closest airport situated in Nagpur.
- This lodge has 12 bungalows built near the dried riverbed giving great views into the forest
- It is 5 minutes drive away from the park entrance with easy access to the park.
- Surrounding forest gives Bhagvan the experience of living in a forest.
- The Infinity pool that opens up to the forest s is one of the best features when you want to have a dip to escape from the heat of the day
- The rooms are luxurious with a feel of mix of vintage and retro. I particularly loved the hues of blues that just seem to blend seamlessly.
- Get ready get pampered with personalized services
- Remember luxuries come with a price tag, certainly worth it if it is within your budget.
Pench Tree Lodge – Pench National Park
Loved the simplicity and elegance at Pench Tree Lodge
What to expect at Pench Tree Lodge
To begin with, I can write a whole page about Pench Tree Lodge, just loved the pure simplicity embedded in luxury, the people and service. Being solo woman traveller this was a heaven. So I had to pick up a few key points for the interest of any other travelers.
- This property is ideal for solo travellers, couples and families alike. There are two types of accommodation available, the bungalows and the tree houses. If you are traveling as couple the tree houses are just perfect. I stayed in a bungalow which was equally lovely and great for families with an attic bed which would be the dream of any young kid.
- The service is fantastic, the staff are lovely and personable, they really take care of you without over doing it.
- Great naturalist and safaris are part of your experience
- Has a lovely pool to spend a relaxing afternoon. Or else you have the option of lazing in the upper deck of the main area of the lodge with a good book and a mojito
- The food at the lodge is one of the best I have had in India. It is fusion, so you won’t continuously be bombarded with spicy Indian flavors. Delicately prepared and beautifully presented of course.
- This property pays a lot of attention towards conservation, which I really liked and respected. Growing their own organic food to encouraging guests to use reusable water bottles are few amongst these initiatives.
Samode Safari Lodge -Bandavgarh National Park
Samode Safari Lodge is a place to be totally pampered
What you will find at Samode Safari Lodgehttp://www.samode.com/safarilodge/
One of our favorite properties, the list is endless.
- Great for all kinds of travellers, families, couples, friends, solo
- It is luxurious, from the setting to the cottages to the cuisine to the safaris. Everything is well thought of and well executed.
- It is homely and you never feel too far from home, Priyan the Manager is a wonderful young lady with great wealth of knowledge. The staff are very friendly and interactive and just great to be with
- The accommodation – cottages are spacious, well designed and stylish with indoor and outdoor baths, individual lounge area, dressing room, bedroom and great outdoor verandah to enjoy a cup of coffee.
- Food is fabulous, I really liked the fact that they have a choice of continental and Indian spread.
- Safaris are fantastic, the lodge uses the bigger and more comfortable Mahindra jeeps with their own naturalist.
Kanha Earth Lodge- Kanha National Park
Loved the homeliness and the hospitality at Kanha Earth Lodge
What to expect at Kanha Earth Lodgehttps://www.kanhaearthlodge.com
- This is a lovely homely property, ideal for families, couples and great for solo travellers too.
- The lodge does its own safaris and has a great pool set of naturalists
- Love the village walks thats done with one of the in- house naturalist, a great way to learn about rural India and to meet locals. You will be truly humbled by this experience.
- This lodge pays attention to conservation, so expect organic food and your own bottle of water -reusable
- Food is fantastic, during my two nights I got to flavou variety of food from Both Indian to South Indian to Bush food.
- Every evening at the naturalist make a presentation about wildlife in Kanha. This is one of the best ways to learn and interact, kids love it. what more it is coupled with nibbles, canopies and a glass of wine or a mojito. Well you can simply get your favorite cocktail to sip while absorbing all the exciting snippets.
- The rooms are earthy and have a African bush feel.Just cosy and earthy.
Khem Villas – Ranthambhore
This is one of my favorite and most adored safari accommodation in Sawai Madhopur, the place to stay if you are visiting Ranthambhore National Park. It is just so different to the standard lodges and you have to experience it to know what I am talking about.
What to expect at Khem Villas https://www.khemvillas.com
Charmingly elegant Khmer Villas is so distinct to any of the other Safari lodges I stayed. This property has villas as well as Tented accommodation. Nestled in the midst of ‘ created natural environment’ with the mighty Araaveli Mountains in the backdrop, this is place of surprises, good ones.
- Plenty of wild life around you, I found a jungle cat walking infant my Villa, The variety of birds are endless, the list goes on. Its a nature lovers ultimate dream.
- Great Hospitality, You may meet Charming Usha the host
- Beautiful food : this is all vegetarian property and I will tell you that you will never miss your meats. Most if not all the food are sourced locally or from the properties own garden
- Beautiful and charming accommodation that allow you to live in nature.
- Great Nature walks with the in -house naturalis
Time to book your next holiday in Central India!